I was told by my doctor how toxic Lithium was, and now I totally agree with her. In my previous post I discussed the prescribed dose of Lithium I was taking. I went from Lithium 300mm x 2 to 450mg x 2. That’s a big jump! Not only that the 450mg is an extended release version. For the first week I was really sick – the bathroom was my closest friend. I had bad headaches, very irritable, confusion, and some memory loss. All I could think about was “This drug is going to kill me.”
I cut back on the 450mg x 2 to only taking one a day. Still I felt really crappy. Now, I’m back on my regular Lithium of 300mg x 2. My poor body has gone through so much – this pill that pill. Yuck! Is this good for you? I wish so badly that I could stop taking my meds completely, but I know that would be committing suicide.